Avoiding unnatural medication is always the best option with any health issues (if possible obviously not for extreme issues). Today we are going to look at the top 10 ways to naturally treat hypothyroidism.
But first – what is the thyroid and hypothyroidism all about?
The thyroid is a small gland in your neck below your Adams apple and it controls your bodies metabolism. If it works to fast or slow there are obliviously big issues with a large one being undesirable weight gaining,
In particular the term hypothyroidism means that the thyroid is working slowly. This results in poor of growth and mental development in both children and adults. Obviously something that we need to avoid and medication is not always the answer.
Many doctors will note that a diet is the first thing to adjust to fight hypothyroidism. So without further a due here is out list of ways to fight it naturally.
Top Ways To Naturally Treat Hypothyroidism
- Eliminate or reduce Sugar, Coffee and Carbohydrates.
- Increase protein intake a lot. Thyroid hormones are transported by protein to all of your body, so it goes without saying, the more good protein the better your hormones will be regulated.
- Go gluten free. It has been given a bad rap recently that gluten doesn’t impact most people, however the composition of tissue around the thyroid is the same as gluten. So it is believed that rating gluten can increase the autoimmune system which in turn can attack on your thyroid.
- Getting enough good vitamins. These include vitamin D, iron, omega-3 , zinc, copper, vitamin A, and the B vitamins.
- Get your stomach checked for good bacteria. It is believed that nearly 25% of thyroid function is based on a supply of healthy gut bacteria. If you get tested and it is low there are lots of probiotics that can help. Note if you have taken antibiotics recently your levels of good bacteria in your gut may be low.
- Try to decrease your stress in life, as the thyroid is sensitive and responds to excessive stress.
- Limit radiation exposure in the form of xrays and airports etc. Even a slight radioactive dosages to the Thyroid can cause issues.
Have any of these natural ways to fight hypothyroidism helped you or have there been other methods that have worked for you? Please share your experience and leave a comment below 🙂